1. In a medium sized pot, place turkey and cover with water about 2 inches over meat. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Drain, cool and set aside.
2. Repeat the same process with ham and conch, doing each one in separate pots.
3. Repeat the same process with the salt beef, but twice.
4. In a preheated pot large enough for the soup, add oil, onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, celery and pepper. Cook at medium heat for 4 minutes.
5. Next add ¾ of cubed pumpkin and pepper sauce. Note: you can peel your pumpkin with a vegetable peeler. Be sure to remove the stem carefully with a knife if there is any attached to the pumpkin.
6. Cook for an additional 3 minutes and add your flour and all your meats. Stir for a minute then add your water.
7. Bring pot to a boil and then turn heat to medium low and allow to simmer until pumpkin boils away and becomes a part of the liquid in the pot.
8. Season to taste with salt.
9. Serve hot.
Comments are closed.
Each Showman Meal Kit includes ingredients & recipes to make dinner for a family of four for one week!